- Claims can be filed online or by mail
- Administrator contact info available
Nowadays any product that claims to be “All Natural” or “100% Natural” would be wise to make sure the claims are fairly difficult to dispute. If not, it may be the next in a long line of products that have been the subject of a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. One of the latest example of this type of action is called Barnes, et al v. River North Foods, Inc. The suit was filed over allegations that the Defendant applied misleading labeling to its Frontera and Salpica branded products. However, the Defendant contends that its labeling is accurate, denies making any misrepresentations and, therefore, denies any liability. It does not appear that the court will have to weigh in on the matter as the case has come to a pending settlement worth a jaw-dropping $3,950,000. Those believe they are eligible Class Members can get the ball rolling by going to the Barnes Settlement page and clicking the Submit Claim tab.
More on the Settlement
- Class Members with proof of purchase may claim up to $10 per household
- Those WITHOUT proof of purchase are eligible for up to $5 per household
- The deadline for claims, exclusions, and objections is November 27th, 2017
- Class Members who don’t take action will get nothing and lose rights to sue
In order to be eligible, the products must have been purchased between the dates of September 1st, 2011 and September 11th, 2017. Those who want to review a complete list of the labeling terms that apply to the products can do so under Section 1 of the Long Form Notice’s Table of Contents. Class Members with questions can try taking a look at the FAQs posted at the top of the Barnes Settlement page. Those who don’t find what they need in the FAQs can buckle down and phone the Settlement Administrator.
Barnes Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 59543, Philadelphia, PA 19102-9543