Chapa TCPA Settlement
- Provides information related to class action lawsuit Case No. 1-13-CV-3957
- The Chapa TCPA Settlement is in the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division
- The website is operated by Dahl Administration
The Chapa class action lawsuit revolves around claims that TruGreen violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act or “TCPA” by using an automated dialer system to contact potential customers in regards to TruGreen products. These automated dialing system are not only annoying but illegal in the United States unless the consumer has provided consent to receive these types of calls. Class members in the Faustino vs TruGreen lawsuit are defined as anyone who received a cell phone call using a device that can dial numbers without human intervention on or after May 29, 2009.
Chapa TCPA FAQ
- Deadline to file a claim? 12/15/2014
- Average settlement amount? $500
- What is the total settlement fund? $4,500,000
- What are the class periods? Fri, 2009-05-29 to Wed, 2014-09-24
- When will the fairness hearing take place? January 27, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. CT
All class members who file valid claims will receive a monetary payment as part of the settlement. It should be noted that TruGreen vehemently denies these allegations but the parties have agreed to a settlement in order to avoid an all out war that would result in costly legal fees.
- Specializes in customer lawn care and maintenance services
- Sales: 866.369.9539 Customer service: 877.905.5147
- Uses “chemicals” to help the 1% of society have green looking lawns (nutrients, protection and conditions)
Popular products offered by TruGreen include TruComplete Lawn Plan, tree and shrub care, TruHealth Lawn Plan and customized plans for those picky lawn owners. The most popular plan comes in the form of the TruHealth Lawn Plan that offers a variety of slow-releasing fertilizer which fights weeds and balance the PH of the lawn. First time customer may want to stick with the Healthy Lawn Analysis which will provide a detailed evaluation of the clients climate, soil condition, grass type.