First Resolution Settlement
- Claim forms can be sent by mail or filed online
- Inquiry form can be used to submit questions
- Frequently Asked Questions list is provided
Licensing issues have been at the heart of many lawsuits throughout the years. One recent example is a class action lawsuit called Debra Clark v. First Resolution Investment Corp., et al. The suit was filed over allegations that the Defendant (First Resolution) collected debts in Massachusetts without being licensed as a debt collector by the state’s Division of Banks. The suit further asserts that the Defendant filed collection lawsuits even though it was not registered as a foreign corporation with the Massachusetts Secretary of State. However, it is important to make clear (if not crystal clear), that the Defendant denies the allegations listed in the suit and states it has done nothing wrong. Who would have surfaced as the victorious party is anyone’s guess as the case has come to a pending settlement agreement worth a whopping $1,500,000. Those who wish to submit a claim for an account credit can do so by going to the First Resolution Settlement page and clicking the Claim Form tab.
Thanks for the tip! Anything else?
- Claims for an account credit must be filed by the deadline of April 10th, 2018
- The collections must have been between April 8th, 2011 and January 10th, 2018
- April 10th, 2018 is also the deadline to make an objection to the settlement
- The Final Approval Hearing is set to be held on May 23rd, 2018 at 2:00 PM
Those who wish to speak at the Final Approval Hearing must request to do so when filing the objection (nothing like putting some passion into it!). Questions about the settlement can be submitted directly through the First Resolution Settlement page by clicking the Inquiry Form tab. Those who would rather attempt to find the answers on their own can try clicking the Settlement FAQs link to review an extensive list of Frequently Asked Questions. Claims for an account credit being filed by mail can be sent directly to the Settlement Administrator.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- 5410 W. Roosevelt RD., Suite 222, Chicago, IL 60644-1490