HSBC Direct Online Banking: Logging in at www.hsbcdirect.com
First, you’ll need to have your username ready as it’s the first piece of information needed to gain access to your account.
Can’t remember your username? Here’s some helpful hints! The username is something YOU chose (it wasn’t created for you).
Additionally, the username must be at least 5 digits in length.
Still doesn’t jog your memory? Easy now, we’re gonna get through this! There’s an online account restoration tool you can use.
simply click the Forgot username? link and enter the required information to restore your account.
Once you’ve got that sorted out (if you even had a problem with it in the first place) enter the username and click the Continue button to proceed with logging into your account at www.hsbcdirect.com.
HSBC Direct Savings Reviews
- Savings – This service comes with a yield of 1.7 percent. For those who don’t know that’s a pretty nice rate!
- Checking – You won’t have to worry about maintenance or ATM fees (not ATM fees from ATM at least)
- Certificate of Deposit (aka CD) – These come with an APY of 0.8
- Please note this is an ONLINE ONLY account. In other words, if you like hanging out in your bank’s lobby it’s not for you.
Now that we’ve reviewed some HSBC Direct services, it’s time to take a closer look at the fees. As stated earlier. the HSBC Direct checking account has zero maintenance fees. But does this hold true for HSBC Direct Savings accounts? Let’s find out!
HSBC Direct Savings Fees
We’re pleased to report that just like withy the checking service there are ZERO maintenance fees! However, there are some fees associated with the accou8nt in certain circumstances. For instance, you’ll be charged $25 if you close your account within 180 days of opening it (don’t get cold feet!).
Here are some other HSBC Direct Savings fees you should be aware of:
- Each original letter provided verifying your deposit account – $20
- Need a copy of that original letter? That’ll be another $5 (ouch)
- Checks or other items deposited and returned as unpaid – $10
- A legal paper that requires a hold or money paid out of your account – $100
- Need an incoming wire transfer? $15 goes to HSBC for each of these
- Cashiers Checks purchased in United States dollars cost $12
Need help with an issue? You can reach the HSBC personal banking line by dialing 800-975-4722.
Also, here’s the HSBC Customer Service Address:
HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
P.O. Box 2013
Buffalo, NY 14240
More banking information:
How to Activate Brinks money card (prepaid)
Citizens Bank customer? Apply for the Citizens Bank Clear Value Card!