Hyundai MPG Class Settlement
- Provides information about the class action lawsuit entitled Hyundai and Kia Fuel Economy Litigation case number No. MDL 13-2424-GW(FFMx) (C.D. Cal.)
- The lawsuit claims that Hyundai fuel economy ratings for the Class Vehicles were misrepresented
- The class is represented by Robert B. Carey – 11 West Jefferson Street, Suite 1000; Phoenix, AZ 85003 – 877-277-0012
Class members in the Hyundai Fuel Economy Class Action Lawsuit are defined as anyone who owned a Class Vehicle on or before November 2, 2012, this also applies to a lessee of a Class Vehicle. In addition the person must be a legal US resident in order to be considered a class member in the lawsuit. Anyone who is unsure if they are a Hyundai Fuel Economy lawsuit member are encouraged to dial 877-277-0012.
Class members will have two options when receiving Hyundai mpg class settlement benefits:
- Lifetime Reimbursement Program: Must register for the Lifetime Reimbursement Program and make themselves subject to additional dealer visits. Class members who pick this option and own or leased a Hyundai Elantra, Accent, Veloster, or Sonata Hybrid may receive even more benefits.
- Lump Sum Payment: No need for annoying paperwork or additional dealer visits. Class members may not receive as much money but the lump sum payment option is much less stressful and very easy. The amount of the payment will be based on the Class Vehicle and what type of Class Member the individual is grouped as.
The lawsuit was heard before the Honorable George H. Wu, U.S. District Court Judge in the District of Central California, Western Division Courthouse. Like most class action settlements a fairness hearing is required and will be held on June 11, 2015 at 312 North Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012-4793 (this hearing will start at 930am sharp). The deadline to exclude yourself from the claim will be 3/5/15. Any class members who fail to exclude themselves from the case will be bound by law to accept the terms of the Hyundai Fuel Economy Class Action Lawsuit Settlement. Class members are represented by the firms of Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP and McCuneWright, LLP.