- Claims can be made online or by mail
- Frequently Asked Questions provided
- Administrator contact info is available
Consumers tend not to like it too much when they believe their information has been disclosed to 3rd parties. A recent example of this fairly obvious assertion can be found in the recently settled class action lawsuit Taylor v. Trusted Media Brands, Inc. The lawsuit alleges that the Defendant violated Michigan’s Preservation of Personal Privacy Act by disclosing information related to its customers’ magazine subscriptions to 3rd parties. It should be pointed out however, that the court HAS NOT made a determination on the validity of these allegations. Instead the parties have agreed to settle the case now to avoid the uncertainties and expenses associated with ongoing litigation. Those who believe they are eligible for a slice of the $8,225,000 MILLION Settlement Fund can get a claim form filed by going to the Magazine Settlement page and clicking the File Claim button (Class Members must confirm whether or not they have a claim number and whether they want to file online or by mail).
Anything else I should know about this so-called Magazine Settlement?
- The date by which all claim forms must be filed (online or by mail) is March 19th, 2018
- December 21st, 2017 is the deadline for both objections and requests to be excluded
- The Final Approval Hearing is currently scheduled for January 31st, 2018 at 10 AM ET
- Applies to Trusted Media Brands, Inc. subscribers with a street address in Michigan
- The total amount each eligible Class Member will receive is estimated to be $50.00
It should be noted that the subscriptions in question must have taken place between the dates of March 10th, 2010 and July 30th, 2016. A list of Trusted Media Brands, Inc. magazines that apply to the settlement can be reviewed by clicking the Class Notice tab at the Magazine Settlement page. Those with questions can try reviewing the extensive Frequently Asked Questions list where the answers to a variety of questions are provided. Those who don’t come up with the answers they need after searching the FAQs may want to try reaching out to the Settlement Administrator.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404038, Louisville, KY 40233-4038