My Texas Benefits Login
- Allows a resident of Texas to apply for state benefits, check the status of an application or obtain general information in regards to benefits available in the state
- First time visitors are advised to fill out a short form to see what benefits they might be eligible for
- The website/service is administered by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission – 3910 Gaston Ave #200, Dallas, TX 75246 – (214) 827-5210
Please note the website will be unavailable one weekend a month due to updating and website maintenance. In order to apply for Texas Benefits user will have to set up a new account with a valid email address.
What type of benefits can be applied for via My Texas Benefits?
- SNAP Food Stamps: Assistance in buying healthy food. Does not apply for drugs and cigarettes, Many applicants will be notified within 24 hours.
- Health Care: Billing relief from medical related bills such as doctor’s visits and prescription drugs
- Cash Help: Provides cash money to certain families that are ment to spent on items such as food, clothing and housing
- Medicare Savings Program: Provides bill pay assistance for those who are already in Medicare. The program may pay for expenses associated with Medicare such as co-pays and deductibles.
- Long Term Services: Designed for poor people with a long-term illness or disability and assist with daily health care living bills and other medical related payments
To speak with a Texas Benefits service agent in regards to any of the above named benefits please dial 211 or 877-541-7905. After an application has been made please check the outcome by going to the “view my case” section under the account holders home page. If the application states “approved” or “sustained” then the applicant is approved. If the application states “denied” then it is time to get the appeal paperwork in motion. If the application states “terminated” then the benefits have ended and the person will have to reapply if eligible.
Other Common Questions Answered
- Filing for Texas benefits should not affect an application for US citizenship
- Applicants can have someone else file the claim for them or obtain help when filling for Texas benefits
- Once an application has been started online it can be saved and finished at another time