Paynuver Activate Your Reimbursement Card
- Customers will need the card number and last 6 digits of a VIN
- Instructions on where to find the login information is available
Many rebates or reimbursements now come in the form of a handy prepaid card. These can be an extremely convenient way for customers to manage and spend the rebate or reimbursement they received (as opposed to an annoying check that needs to be driven all the way up to the nearest bank to be cashed). An example of such is the Window Label Reimbursement Card. However, the card won’t do anyone any good until the customer activates it. Cardholders can gain access to their funds by going to the Paynuver Activate page to complete the activation process. Once at the page it will be necessary for the cardholder to enter the number shown on the front of the reimbursement card along with the last 6 digits of the vehicle’s VIN.
Hold up….what in the world is a VIN??
- The acronym VIN stands for Vehicle Identification Number and is 17 characters long
- VINs WILL NOT include the letters “i” or “o” but may contain the numbers “1” or “0”
- The number may be found on vehicle registrations, insurance cards, or on the vehicle itself
- Places on the vehicle where a VIN can be found include door jambs and dash boards
Once the cardholder enters both pieces of the required information at the Paynuver Activate page they can click the Activate button to proceed. Meanwhile, those who are a bit puzzled by the request to enter the number from the reimbursement card can hover the mouse over the ? icon. While hovering the mouse over the icon, the customer will see an image that shows a sample of the reimbursement card complete with the exact location of the card number (how’s that for service with a smile!).