Spray Paint Settlement
- Forms may be submitted online or mailed
- Final Approval of the settlement is pending
- Settlement Administrator can be contacted
A product that alludes to being twice as effective as the competition should always have some strong supporting evidence. When a group of consumers believe the supporting evidence fails to justify the claim being made a class action lawsuit may become inevitable. A recent case called Daryl White, Jr. v. Rust-Oleum Corp. has recently come to an agreed upon settlement to resolve allegations that the Defendant (Rust-Oleum) improperly marketed its 2X spray paint products as providing twice the coverage of competing brands. The Defendant denies the allegations made by the Plaintiffs along with any liability and contends that its 2X spray paint labeling is accurate. The court itself has made no ruling as to which party is right and which is wrong as the sides have agreed to settle the case now before ever reaching the point of a trial. Those who believe they are eligible for a chunk of the settlement can get started with a claim by going to the Spray Paint Settlement page and clicking the Submit a Claim tab.
What else should I know about the Spray Paint Settlement?
- Eligible Settlement Class Members can receive compensation from 1 of 3 different tiers
- Exclusion requests must be post-marked no later than the deadline of August 28th, 2017
- The deadline by which ALL claims must be filed (online or by mail) is October 16th, 2017
- Exclusion requests and claim forms should be sent directly to the Settlement Administrator
Tier 1 Class Members (those who cannot provide proof of purchases) may receive up to $3 per household, Tier 2 Class Members (those who cannot provide proof of purchases BUT can provide additional information) may receive up to $6 per household, and Tier 3 Class Members (those who CAN provide proof of purchases) may receive up to $20 per household. The date on which the Fairness Hearing will be held to decide whether or not to approve the Spray Paint Settlement is September 12th, 2017.
Spray Paint Settlement Administrator
- PO Box 58788, Philadelphia, PA 19102-8788