Learn How to Find Your Rebate Status-Now!
- Customers can check for the status of rebates through online service
- Search can be made by providing required name or Tracking ID
For those who need a push in the right direction, rebates can be a great reason to move forward with a purchase. However, one problem many consumers run into is fretting over when a claimed rebate will actually arrive. Those who have rebates that are eligible to be serviced through the Status-Now page will likely find the whole process a bit less nerve-racking. Through this convenient online service consumers can check the status of their submissions by simply entering a last name or company name, a street number, and a zip code. Questions about checking the status of a rebate can likely be answered by reviewing the information found under the FAQ link posted at the top right hand side of the page.
Important Information About the Rebate Process
- Those who are submitting a rebate for a mobile phone can find its Electronic Serial Number underneath the battery or on the outside of the product box
When mailing a rebate the “post mark date” refers to the day the post office processes the correspondence (customers should keep in mind that mail is not processed on Sunday)
- Those who receive an invalid status through the Status-Now page will be sent a non-compliance notification explaining the reason behind the invalid status
- Consumers who fail to send their rebates in by the post mark date specified on the offer will not be eligible for the rebate
Those who have received a Tracking ID via email from the Status-Now page can complete a search by entering the ID as an alternative. Rebate recipients who are worried about providing an email address should be pleased to know that Status-Now always keeps customer emails confidential (email address is not required to receive a rebate). Consumers who have further questions can contact the service by phone between 9 AM and 5 PM Pacific Standard Time.
Status-Now Phone Number