Uber TCPA Settlement
- Online claim form filing is available
- A variety of important dates apply
- Administrator can be contacted
It’ been proven over and over again that the general public doesn’t really appreciate receiving an automated text message without first providing consent. Another prime example of this goes by the name of Vergara, et al. v. Uber Technologies, Inc. The class action lawsuit was filed over allegations that the Defendant (Uber) engaged in violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) by sending automated text messages without first gaining the consent of the people and entities in the Settlement Classes. With that being said, it should be pointed out that the Defendant denies the allegations brought forth in the lawsuit, but has agreed to settle the case rather than incur the expense, inconvenience, and distraction of continued litigation. Those who believe they would qualify as an eligible Class Member can get an online claim started by going to the Uber TCPA Settlement page and clicking the Submit a Claim tab. Those who want to take some time to review the settlement can do so by going over the Long Form Notice found under the Documents section of the page.
Wading a Tad Bit Deeper Into the Uber TCPA Settlement
- Settlement Class is broken into 3 separate classes (Class A, Class B, and Class C)
- The total amount of the Settlement Fund comes to an astonishing $20 MILLION
- December 15th, 2017 is the deadline for both claims and exclusions to be filed
- Those who plan to object to the settlement must file by December 22nd, 2017
Class Members who are inclined to voice an opinion or two can ask the court for permission to speak at the Final Approval Hearing scheduled for January 23rd, 2018. Those who plan on requesting an exclusion and those who plan on filing a claim by mail will need to send correspondence directly to the Settlement Administrator. The Settlement Administrator can also be contacted by those with questions regarding the Uber TCPA Settlement. Those who aren’t up to a live phone call can try searching for the answers they need by browsing the FAQs posted at the top of the settlement page.
Uber TCPA Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 5053, Portland, OR 97208-5053