UPS Avoid Charges
- Guide can be downloaded and printed
- Customer service is available to assist
Nobody likes being charged a fee if it can be avoided (and even if it can’t be avoided for that matter). Those who use a UPS shipping system such as World Ship, UPS Campus Ship, and UPS Internet Shipping may sometimes run into burdensome additional charges when shipments are not properly processed. The good news is these errors can easily be dodged my reviewing the information found at the UPS Avoid Charges page. Those who plan on using the information often can print some of the material using Adobe Reader. Users who do not yet have Adobe Reader installed on their computer can click the Get Adobe Reader link posted at the UPS Avoid Charges page to proceed with installing the software (link will direct users to Adobe’s homepage).
Common Errors that can Lead to Additional Charges
- Dimensional Weight – An important aspect that should be considered by those shipping a package with a large size to weight ratio
- Additional Handling – Charge corrections can be avoided by indicating Additional Handling or entering correct package dimensions
- Residential Delivery – Avoid charge corrections by selecting Residential Address when adding or updating an address in the system
- Incorrect Weight – Charge corrections may occur when the actual weight of a package is more than indicated at the time of shipping
- Over Maximum Limits – Specific weight and size limits have been established for packages being sent with all UPS shipping services
Those who have questions about any or all of the information found at the UPS Avoid Charges page may want to seek assistance through use of the Live Chat feature posted at the bottom of the page. Questions can also be asked by using the Email UPS feature (name, email address, support category, and support topic must be entered). Those who prefer the personal touch of a live phone call can get help by calling UPS Customer Service.
UPS Customer Service