VW Court Settlement
- Car owners can check online to see if they are eligible for compensation
- Support phone number is available for those with unanswered questions
Most car owners don’t give a second thought to their vehicle’s emissions. However, owners of Volkswagen or Audi 2.0 liter TDI vehicles will likely be giving the topic plenty of consideration over the upcoming months thanks to the Volkswagen Class Settlement Program. This extensive program was created as a result of a class action lawsuit filed over allegations regarding the emissions of certain Volkswagen and Audi vehicles. In order to resolve the lawsuit Volkswagen has agreed to create a massive single funding pool up to $10,033,000,000 for compensation of eligible class members. Those who believe they own an eligible vehicle can go to the VW Court Settlement page and find out if they are owed any compensation.
A Quick Run Through of Information Regarding the Volkswagen Class Settlement Program
- Option 1 for eligible class members includes a buy back of their vehicle (or early lease termination for lessees) plus cash compensation
- Option 2 includes modification of the vehicle to improve the emissions plus cash compensation (modifications must be approved by EPA and CARB)
- A 17 character VIN will need to be entered at the VW Court Settlement page to find out if a vehicle is included in the proposed settlement
- Owners or lessees who determine they are eligible class members will be directed to an online portal to learn about some specifics of the proposed settlement
Owners and lessees should note that they may still be eligible for compensation even if they do not currently (or lease) own an eligible vehicle. In this instance individuals must have owned or leased the vehicle on September 18th, 2015. Those who have questions that cannot be answered at the VW Court Settlement page can call Volkswagen directly.
Volkswagen Claims Line
- 1-844-98-CLAIM (1-844-982-5246)