White Chips Settlement
- Provides information about the case entitled Miller et al. v. Ghirardelli in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- Revolves around the deception of Premium Baking Chips – Classic White distrubuted by Ghirardelli
- More details about the case can be obtained by writing to Ghirardelli Settlement, Gutride Safier LLP, 100 Pine Street, Suite 1250, San Francisco, CA 94111 – 1 (844) 322-8239
Please note a class member in this lawsuit is defined as anyone who purchase these “white chips” between the dates of August 17, 2008, and October 2, 2014. Class members claimed they were fooled into thinking that the Ghirardelli White Chips Product was white chocolate chips and “all natural”. Class members are upset about this perceived deception as they paid more money for something they though was white chocolate. Ghirardelli DENIES wrong doing and states they meet all FDA regulations in marketing the chips.
Other White Chips Settlement Highlights
- A settlement fund of $5,250,000.00 has been developed
- Class members who file valid claims will receive $1.50 for each purchase of White Chips and $0.75 for each purchase of any of the other Products
- Class members are limited to a maximum of $24 in collections unless proof of purchase is submitted with the claim form
- The class counsel will be paid up to $1,665,000.00
- A hearing will be held on 2/9/15 to discuss the terms of the settlement and discuss if all this fuss is worth it over simple white chips
- The hearing will take place on United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 450 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, California in Courtroom C – 15th Floor (please note class members are not required to attend)
At this time the claim form deadline is still up in the air in the WHITE CHIP CASE but the court has released the following statement “March 19, 2015 (or 30 Days After Final Approval)Claim Form Deadline (received or submitted online)”. Who knew simple white chips used in cookies would cause such an uproar.