American Express My Gift Card
- Check available funds and transaction history with a AMEX gift card number
- When entering the Card number, do not put any spaces between numbers
- The American Express My Gift Card site is administered by the American Express Company – 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285 – 212-640-2000
Please note that American Express Gift Cards and Business Gift Cards are useable in the U.S., Puerto Rico and USVI and cannot be used at cruise lines, for recurring billing purchases, or at ATMs. All AMEX gift cards offer no fees and can be refunded if the card is stolen. All funds associated with American Express gift cards do not expire and can be loaded with the following dominations: $25, 50, $100, $200, $500, $70, $100, $2000 or $3000.
AMEX Gift Card FAQ
- American Express does not ship Gift Cards to the states of HI and VT due to Federal Regulations
- All gift card orders are capped at $5,000
- Free replacement cards can be obtained by calling 1-877-297-4438
- No hard to swallow inactivity fees or other slimy fees after purchase
- Gift cards cannot be used on cruise lines, for recurring billing purchase, or at ATMs
For those who purchased a AMEX gift card between January 1, 2002 and September 21, 2011 please read about the American Express gift cards lawsuit entitled Kaufman v. American Express Gift Card. The lawsuit was held in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and involved over 70 million gift card purchases.
American Express is considered a well to do charge and credit payment card firm. The company dates back to 1850 as a small mail express business headed in Buffalo, NY. Today American Express has grown to be one of the world’s largest financial firms with revenues exceeding $30 billion dollars on a yearly basis.