- Account number is needed
- Extensive FAQ list provided
- Customer support available
Sometimes when it comes to getting a bill paid on time all patients need is a little HELP. Luckily the needed help is provided for patients with a physician that makes use of the Billing Helper portal. Patients who need to pay off a bill can now do so online by going to the portal’s homepage and clicking the Pay Your Bill Online tab. After clicking the button it will be necessary to enter an account number, last name of the patient, and the patient’s date of birth prior to hitting the Submit button to locate the statement. Those who aren’t sure whether or not a provider uses the portal can look to the lower right hand corner of the bill to see if there is wording that directs them to the Billing Helper portal. An account number, last name of the patient, and the patient’s date of birth must also be entered by those who are looking to update insurance information. Those who are a bit baffled by the whole process may want to take a look at the FAQs posted at the top of the Billing Helper portal.
Okay I think I got it. Should I be aware of anything else?
- A description of services performed at a visit can be found under the word “statement”
- Physicians who are not employed by the hospital may bill separately for their services
- Patients can review the explanation of benefits to see if a deductible or copay is owed
- Procedures performed multiple times on the same date may appear as duplicate bills
In the case an insurance company does not receive a claim patients are encouraged to contact Billing Helper directly as information may need to be updated in order to submit a claim. Billing Helper can be reached by completing an online contact form with an account number, name, address, phone number, and comments. Those who would rather seek immediate assistance can try calling for live assistance.
Billing Helper Contact Information
- PO Box 43130, Baltimore, MD 21236
- Phone – 800-492-5153
- Fax – 410-931-1009