Colorado Revenue Online
- File taxes, manage a users account and check the status of a refund in the state of Colorado
- Free to use for the people of the state of Colorado
- Operated by the state of Colorado – 303-238-SERV (7378) – EFT/Electronic Payment Help: 303-205-8333 – Tax Auditing and Compliance: 303-866-3711
For those who have already saved or filed a return through Colorado Revenue Online and received a Filing ID, use the “Search for a Saved or Filed Return” link to check the status or continue a return (the user will need the email address used at the time of sign up for this function). CO Revenue online can be used from any computer, laptop, smartphone and tablet as long as the device has the most recent updated browser.
Other CO Tax Talking Points
- Users can also file a File/amend corporation, fiduciary and partnership income tax returns, Submit e-Filer Attachments for income tax returns or request a repayment plan (most common with poor people who have trouble paying taxes)
- Colorado Revenue Online Payment history will show a history of all payments as well as any credits due from a previous tax return
- Payment plans cannot be set up for accounts with a balance less than $50
- 5 protest can be filed per letter ID
- When filing a protest online users will be limited to 2MB worth of files (i.e. .pdf, .tif, .jpg, .xls, .xlsx)
- Protest are worked in order received and cannot be expedited due to illness or financial hardship
- IRS Pub 1220 format for 1099/W-2Gs and the SSA EFW2 format for W-2s are accepted by the state of Colorado
Any and all questions associated with the service found at the Colorado Revenue Online service can be directed to Department of Revenue Discovery Section at 303-205-8292, option 7.