Consumer Cellular AARP
- Sign up for a no contract AARP cell phone plan
- AARP members receive exclusive benefits to include a 30% discount on all cell phone accessories and a 5% monthly discount on cell phone usage and services
- The site is managed by Consumer Cellular, Inc – (888) 726-7951 – 7204 Sw Durham Road, Suite 300, Portland, OR 97224
Please note that Consumer Cellular pays a royalty to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. AARP Members will also receive what is called a “100% risk-free EXPANDED guarantee” that includes 45 days or 450 minutes of use, instead of the standard 300. US Cellular will also run a promotion from time to time that includes a $20 credit with any new line of service (this promotion is popular around Christmas and Summer time months).
AARP Consumer Cellular Plans?
- Voice plans are priced by minutes used i.e. the Anywhere 1,200 plan includes 1,200 minutes at any time, on any day of the week and the Anywhere 4,000 plan includes 4,000 minutes at any time, on any day of the week
- All plans feature a hefty charge of 23.75¢ per minute for anytime the member goes over their alloted plan
- Text and Data Plans are based on the amount of text messages sent and how much data the customer uses i.e. Connect! Ready allows up to 1000 text message and up to 100 MB of data usage
- Customer can opt out of Text and Data Plans and only use the phone to make calls if desired
Who is Consumer Cellular?
- Tigard, Oregon based no contract cell phone plan provider
- Private company and founded in 1995
- Strives to provide affordable, no-contract cell phone plans to casual mobile users of all ages (caters to old people)
Consumer Cellular became a preferred provider of ARRP back in 2008 and has had a succesful partnership ever since. Thanks to the AARP partnership Consumer Cellular now has over one million customers (before they jumped on the AARP bandwagon they only had 30,000) The firm runs commercials on popular TV shows with old people to include TV Land and the Game Show Network.