DMV NY ePlease
- Allows a resident of New York to pay a (TVB) traffic ticket, or schedule a hearing
- The user will need the TVB traffic ticket number and the Client ID Number in order to use the ePlead service
- The website is operated by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles
Please note that the NY ePlead services are designed only for people who received TVB tickets in the cities of Buffalo, Rochester or New York City. Offenders have the option to pay the ticket over the phone by dialing 718-488-5710 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and select option 5 (offenders can also schedule a hearing by phone). TVB tickets can be mailed/pleaded by mail: Traffic Violations Plea Unit, P.O. Box 2950-ESP, Albany, NY 12220-0950.
Online ePlead Options
- Plead guilty to the ticket and agree to pay the fine
- Please not guilty and schedule a TVB hearing (please note the hearing will take place in the jurisdiction in the area in which the ticket was issued and failure to show up for the hearing may result in an arrest warrant)
- Change a plea from guilty to not guilt or vice versa
- Re-schedule a hearing
- Place a request to be notified when a ticket has been imputed into the TVB ePlead system
To use the DMV ePlead service offenders must have Internet connection and the ticket must be imputed into the NY DMV system. The ticket must also have the words “‘Traffic Violations Bureau” on the front. When contacting NY DMV by email please allow 5 business days to receive a response. When violators pay a ticket over the phone please have a valid credit or debit card number on hand. In the city of New York bicyclers and in-line skaters are subject to the same laws as motorist and have the option to make the same (payments/pleas) as motorist at the DMV ePlead website.