Dollars for Disk Drives
- Claim form can be completed to file online
- A variety deadlines apply to the settlement
- Administrator can be contacted for help
When a group companies are alleged to have conspired to fix the price of something as common as optical disk drives used to be (ODDs), there is sure to be droves of people coming out to file for any resulting lawsuit settlement. With that being said, many eyes are sure to be laser-focused on the online claim form found at the Dollars for Disk Drives page. Those who believe they are eligible Class Members of the Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation settlement can begin the online filing process by filling out the form with a claim type (individual or business) and product counts (computer/internal drive count and standalone/external drive count). Class Members can then proceed to enter the required contact information including a first name, last name, email address, and postal code prior to hitting the Submit button. Those interested in receiving updates on other cases where money could be owed can check the box located underneath the online form.
What else should about getting my “dollars for disk drives”?
- ODDs must have been purchased between April 1st, 2003 and December 31st, 2008
- No limit to the amount of drives that can be claimed (large claims may be audited)
- The total amount set aside to reimburse Class Members is a whopping $55 MILLION
- October 30th, 2017 is the deadline to file a claim form (either online or through mail)
- The deadline to file an exclusion or an objection has already passed (July 14th, 2017)
It should be noted that in order to be eligible Class Members must have resided in the one of the following states at the time of purchasing the ODD: Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin. Class Members with questions about the settlement may want to review the available Frequently Asked Questions list by clicking the FAQs link posted at the top of the Dollars for Drives page. Those who don’t find what they were looking for in the FAQs may want to reach out to the Settlement Administrator for further assistance.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 43424, Providence, RI 02940-3424