F201 Water Filter Settlement
- Online and mail-in claim filing available
- 3 different types of claims can be filed
- Administrator contact info is available
When a widely used product is claimed to be defective some sort of legal actions seems almost inevitable. An example of this way of thinking can be found in the class action lawsuit known as Richard Desio et al. v. InSinkErator et al. The suit was filed over allegations that the Defendants sold certain water filters containing a defect that can lead to filter failure and resulting flooding of the structures in which they have been installed. However, the Defendants deny any wrongdoing and, taking it one step further, deny that the case should even be treated as a class action. It does not appear this dispute will ever be decided in court as both parties have agreed to settle the case now rather than incurring the costs and risks of taking the case all the way to trial. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can get a claim going by navigating to the F201 Water Filter Settlement page and clicking the Claim Your Benefits tab.
A Closer Look at the Settlement
- Claims can be filed for filter replacement, cash payment, or reimbursement of damages
- The water filters must have been manufactured between 2001 and January 31st, 2011
- The deadline by which claims must be filed (online or by mail) is December 31st, 2020
- January 22nd, 2018 is the deadline by which exclusion requests must be post-marked
The Fairness Hearing to decide whether or not to approve the settlement is scheduled to be held on February 6th, 2018 at 11 AM PST. Those with questions may want to take a few minutes (or hours if need be) to review the FAQs posted at the top of the F201 Water Filter Settlement page. Mailed claim forms and exclusion requests must be sent directly to the Claims Administrator. The Claims Administrator can also be contacted by those with questions regarding the settlement.
Claims Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 25487, Richmond, VA 23260
- 833-FILTER5 (833-345-8375)