Georgia Power My Payment
- View, add or update a Georgia Power account(s) and make payments using a valid checking, savings or debit card
- No fee is associated with any service provided by the Georgia Power service*
- The site is administered by the Southern Company – 30 Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd. NW Atlanta, GA 30308 – 404/506-5000
*Please note when making a payment using BillMatrix (which is a separate company not affiliated with Southern Company) customers will be charged a $2.50 service fee to handle the payment. No charge will be applied if the customer makes a payment using a debit card issued by Visa, MasterCard or Discover. It is recommended that most customers sign up for the Auto Pay service which is a free bill payment program. The billed amount will automatically be debited from the customers checking or savings account (yes the customer will have to provide their bank routing and account number but only once).
Other Georgia Power Payment Facts
- Customer account numbers can be found in the bottom left hand corner of their Georgia Power statement
- The amount of electricity a customer uses over a period of time is measured in kilowatt-hours aka kWh
- Georgia Power will not allow credit card for Paperless Billing payments at this time unless the customer would like to pay a $2.25 fee via Bill Matrix
- BillMatrix can be reached by dialing calling 1-800-835-2702
- Once a payment has been sent to the bank for processing it cannot be cancelled
- When making a Georgia Power payment by mail please be sure to include the payment stub and write down the customer account number on the check
Georgia Power may grant a payment extension on a case by case basis. Customer should contact Georgia Power customer service at 1-888-660-5890 to discuss the possibility.
- Atlanta-based power company
- Serves the states of Georgia, Florida, Alabama and Mississippi
- Cited as a top military employer by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine
The Southern Company serves more than 4 million customers and can be found on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker symbol SO.