Johnson TCPA Settlement
- Claims Forms can be sent by mail or filed online
- Exclusion requests must be mailed by deadline
- Settlement Administrator contact info available
One thing that has been proven time and again is the fact that some people just do not like getting calls from an automatic dialing system. Some of the latest evidence supporting this statement is the $19,744,650 settlement resolving allegations that Navient Solutions, Inc (NSI) violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by calling consumers on their cellphones with an automatic dialing system. The allegations in the class action lawsuit go on to assert that these calls were placed to the wrong number and that the cell phone subscribers were not the people NSI was trying to reach. NSI has denied these allegations but has agreed to settle the matter as means to avoid the time, risk, and expense associated with continued litigation. Those who believe they qualify as an eligible Class Member can file a claim by going to the Johnson TCPA Settlement page and clicking the File Your Claim Online tab.
A Closer Inspection of the Johnson TCPA Settlement
- The amount each Class Member will receive depends on the amount of eligible claims filed (estimated cash award is between $200 and $350)
- Class Members who look forward to receiving a cash award should make sure their Claim Form is filed by the May 26th, 2017 filing deadline
- Those who wish to make an objection to the settlement or exclude themselves all together will need to do so by the deadline of May 26th, 2017
- The final fairness hearing to decide whether or not to approve the Johnson TCPA Settlement is scheduled to be held on July 13th, 2017 at 2:30 PM
If the settlement is approved at the final fairness hearing Class Members who filed valid claims should expect payments to be mailed no later than 45 days after the judgment (payments may be delayed in the case of an appeal). Class Members who plan on filing by mail or sending an exclusion request must send correspondence directly to the Settlement Administrator.
Johnson TCPA Settlement Administrator
- PO Box 2578, Faribault, MN 55021-9578