Mindland TCPA Settlement
- File claim online at settlement page
- $15 million settlement fund
Midland Funding, LLC has recently come to settlement terms for a class action lawsuit filed as a result of claims that the company violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by calling consumers on their cellphones and using an automatic dialing system or prerecorded voice without prior consent. Midland Funding, LLC denies that they violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and specifically denies that they used the dialing system or prerecorded voice to call consumers without express consent. The defendant has however agreed to a $15 million settlement providing the following as part of the Midland TCPA Settlement:
- $13 million to be provided on a pro rata basis for credits to collection accounts held by the Defendant (class members can file a claim to have a portion of their debt relieved from this amount)
- $2 million to be provided on a pro rata basis for class members that do not have accounts with outstanding balances held by the Defendant
- Defendant to pay for all costs of notice and claim administration
- Defendant to pay costs of ligation and attorneys fees in an amount approved by the court not to exceed $2.4 million.
Consumers who believe that they received one of these unconsented phone calls from Midland Funding, LLC and fit within the settlement class can file a claim by hopping on the internet and going to the Mindland TCPA Settlement page shown on their notice. Class members that want a piece of the settlement pie are well advised to act now as the deadline for filing a claim is April 12, 2016.
A few other legal rights and options class members should know about the Midland TCPA Settlement:
- To exclude themselves from the settlement class members must send a letter post marked no later than April 22nd, 2016
- Class Members wishing to object to the settlement must follow the instructions provided on the notice
- Objectors may appear in court and participate in the hearing
- Do nothing to receive no settlement and be bound by the terms