Monitronics TCPA Lawsuit
- Claims can be filed online or by mail
- Frequently Asked Questions provided
- Administrator contact info is available
Being on the wrong side of Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) allegations is no place any company wants to be (at least the ones who don’t like shelling out massive amounts of settlement dollars). One of the latest examples illustrating just how much hot water a company can find itself in when such allegations are made is the class action lawsuit known as Monitronics International, Inc. Telephone Consumer Protection Act Litigation. The lawsuit is based on claims that the Defendant violated the TCPA by making telemarketing calls without permission to cell phones through the use of an automatic dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice. It is further alleged that the Defendant even made calls to numbers that were listed on the National Do-Not-Call Registry. It should be made very clear however, that the Defendant DENIES that it made any telemarketing calls, did anything wrong, and that the case would even be certified as a class action in litigation. Those who believe they are eligible for a piece of the mind-numbing $28 MILLION Settlement Fund can get an online claim started by going to the Monitronics TCPA Lawsuit page and clicking the File Claim button.
Important Notes Regarding the Settlement
- The calls must have been received on of after May 18th, 2007 in order to be eligible
- It is estimated that eligible Class Members will receive between $15 – $25 per claim
- Claims, objections, and exclusions must be filed NO LATER than February 20th, 2018
- A hearing to decide whether to approve the settlement is set for March 29th, 2018
- Those who take no action will NOT receive payment and give up the rights to sue
Those with questions regarding the settlement can find answers to many common questions by browsing the FAQs posted at the Monitronics TCPA Lawsuit page. Class Members who plan on filing through regular mail must make sure correspondence is post-marked no later than the February 28th, 2018 filing deadline and sent directly to the Settlement Administrator (exclusion requests must also be sent to the same address and post-marked by the same date). The Settlement Administrator can also be contacted by those who don’t find what they need while digging through the FAQs or other resources provided at the Monitronics TCPA Lawsuit page.
Monitronics Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404035, Louisville, KY 40233-4035