- Allows a poor person to apply for a free NPSN prescription savings card online
- This program is free and applicants are already approved
- The website is operated by the National Prescription Savings Network – 1-877-890-8077
The National Prescription Savings Network claims the card is recognized at over 50,000 pharmacies (i.e. Walmart, Walgreen, CVS, Rite Aid, Kroger, Target, Publix, Meijer, Safeway) in the U.S. and has helped over 7 million people save $600 million dollars. The card helps poor people save money on costly FDA-approved prescription medicine (generics and brand names) and saves on “out-of-network” purchases. It is estimated that 1 in 3 Americans lack adequate prescription coverage, the NPSN card can help.
NPSN Card FAQ
- The average price for a generic prescription medication is just $21 when using the card
- Customers names and contact information will not be shared
- Members can save in saves on “out-of-network” purchases even if they already have insurance
- No bothersome registration or enrollment forms
- The card will be needed at the time of purchase and will have to be handed to the pharmacist
- Eligible discounts are available on an ongoing basis for both prescriptions and refills and never expire
- This program is popular with those who have reached their “Medicare gap” and the uninsured or underinsured
Applicants cannot be denied based on previous medical history (i.e. heart attack, stroke) and there are no pre-existing condition exclusions or other carve-outs.