PSN SOE Settlement
- Provides settlement information in regards to the illegal and unauthorized attacks in April 2011 on the Sony computer network systems
- The case is entitled “Sony Gaming Networks and Customer Data Security Breach Litigation” and is case number 11-MD-2258
- Any questions about the PSN-SOE Settlement can be directed to 1-877-552-1284 or by mail: PO Box 1947 Faribault, MN 55021-6090
The case is being heard in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California and class members claim Sony did in inadequate job of securing Network Platforms. As a result of this inadequate security thousands of account holders information were up for grabs for unauthorized users. The Honorable Judge Anthony J. Battaglia will oversee the PSN-SOE class action lawsuit and settlements will come in the form of cash payments, game and online service benefits, and reimbursements.
Other PSN SOE Settlement Notes
- The estimated date to file a claim in the lawsuit is thought to be August 31, 2015
- ALL exclusion request must be made before April 10, 2015
- Lawyers representing the class members will receive no more than $2,750,000
- A fairness hearing will be held on 5/1/15 to discuss the terms of the settlement (free games, cash payments to class members etc)
- The hearing will take place at United States District Court for the Southern District of California, 221 West Broadway, Suite 3142, San Diego, California 92101 in COURTROOM 3B
- To speak at the Sony Gaming Networks and Customer Data Security Breach Litigation hearing a class member will be required to file a “Notice of Intent to Appear”
- Class members in the Sony PSN SOE lawsuit are defined as anyone who before May 15, 2011 had a PSN account or sub-account, a Qriocity account, or an SOE account
- Sony denies that the network was not secured and strongly disagrees with the settlement payments to class members
Please note the class administers site is note associated with Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (“SNE”), Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (“SCEA”), or Sony Online Entertainment LLC in any shape or form and was created to provided information about the PSN SOE Settlement lawsuit. Class members who choose to do nothing (not file a claim or objection or exclusion) will not receive any benefits under the lawsuit settlement.