SCI Direct Settlement
- Claim filing process available online or by mail
- A variety of important dates should be noted
- Settlement Administrator can be contacted
One of the last things someone wants to hear when answering a phone call is an obnoxious artificial or prerecorded voice on the other end of the receiver. When such an event happens without permission, and to a large number of people, the end concoction may very well be a class action lawsuit. Strache v. SCI Direct, Inc was filed over allegations that the Defendant violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) when it (or companies working on its behalf) placed calls without permission through the use of an artificial or prerecorded voice. The suit further claims that calls were made to consumers without a proper “Do Not Call” policy in effect. However, it should be made clear that the merits of these allegations have not been decided upon in court as both parties have agreed to settle the case prior to trial for a jaw-dropping $15 MILLION. Those who believe they are entitled to a slice of this massive Settlement Fund can begin the process of staking a claim by going to the SCI Direct Settlement page and clicking the File Claim button.
Thanks for that informative little overview. Are we digging any deeper??
- Eligible Class Members are split into 2 classes: Prerecord Class and the DNC Class
- February 13th, 2018 is the date by which claims must be filed (online or by mail)
- The date by which exclusions and objections must be filed in January 12th, 2018
- The Final Approval Hearing is currently scheduled to be held on March 14th, 2018
- Class Members who do not take action will get nothing and lose the right to sue
To be an eligible Class Member of the Prerecord Class the phone call must have been received on or after October 16th, 2013. Those who are part of the DNC Class must have received the call on or after May 27th, 2012. The answers to many common questions can be reviewed by clicking the FAQs link posted at the top of the SCI Direct Settlement page. Class Members who plan on filing by mail must send correspondence directly to the Settlement Administrator (must be post-marked by claim filling deadline). The Settlement Administrator can also be contacted by those with questions or concerns regarding the settlement.
SCI Direct Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404039, Louisville, KY 40233-4039