Settlement Notice Payment Processing
- A credit collection service where a customer can access a delinquent account online
- The service is usually accompanied by a mailing or phone call from a creditor
- The site is operated by Credit Collection Services – Two Wells Avenue, Newton, MA 02459 – 877.870.1000
Please note the website specifically states –
“This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. This communication is from a debt collector.”
When responding to a notice the user will need their eleven (11) digit file number and 5 digit pin number. Please note the 11 digit file number can be found in the shaded box on the lower portion of the mailing notice.
When responding to the Settlement Notice via Message (most likely received via phone) the customer will need their phone number and the 11 digit file number (see above).
Why would a consumer receive a notice like this?
- Unpaid utility bills
- Refusal to pay a bank
- Unpaid alimony
- Credit card debt
Tips when dealing with debt collectors?
- Don’t ignore them (answer the phone!) and work with them (not against them)
- If the debt is not valid ask for a fax number and send evidence to support the statement
- Please call (855) 411-CFPB (2372) if the collector is using abusive or illegal tactics in attempt to collect the debt
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act protects consumers (poor people) from illegal tactics by collectors when attempting to a collect a debt. These tactics include Repetitious phone calls, profane language, threats of bodily harm or failing to Identify themselves when making a debt call.