Talk To Wendy’s Home Page
- Wendy’s Customers can take a survey online in regards to their visit to the Little Red Head
- Customers will be required to provide the 8-digit Wendy’s restaurant number, the date of visit and the total amount of the bill
- The Talk To Wendy’s survey is powered by Questar in association with Wendy’s International fast food chain
Before taking the survey the customer will also have to provide a valid email address so Wendy’s can email a validation code to the customer. The validation code can be written on the Wendy’s receipt and presented on a future visit. Wendy’s will not use your email for any other purpose nor will your email address be sold or used by any other outside vendor. If you do not have an email address, you can complete the survey by calling the toll-free number located on your receipt.
- US Based fast food restaurant founded in 1969
- Known for the little Red Head face as the logo
- Customer favorites include Dave’s Hot ‘N Juicy 1/4 lb. Single and Sea Salt French Fries
Wendy’s “old-fashioned” hamburgers consist of a square-shaped hamburger that was inspired by the old man himself Dave Thomas’s. Mr. Thomas stole the idea from Kewpee Hamburgers in his home town of Kalamazoo, Michigan and went on to make millions of dollars over the next 20 years. At one time Wendy’s management thought it was a good idea to offer a full-blown buffet called the Superbar ( “Mexican Fiesta”, the Italian “Pasta Pasta,” and the “Garden Spot) to customers on a daily basis. This buffet was not popular with the public and was terminated in 1998.