- Allows a USPS customer to schedule/set up redelivery online
- The customer will need the peach-colored slip left by the carrier to look up items and reschedule delivery
- The site is operated by the United States Postal Service – 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) – 475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC 20260
Please note in order for the mail to be redelivered that same day the customer will have to make the request before 2AM CST Monday – Saturday. The USPS Redelivery system is not available in all areas of the US (high crime and low population) and customers should check with their local Postal department.
Other Redelivery Facts & Notes
- This is a FREE service provided by the United States Postal Service
- Customers have the option to have their mail redelivered without the customer being at home but will be required to sign of on this action
- Some packages will require the customer to be home in order to take possession
- The article number of the mail type will be required in order to use this service
- The PS Form 3849 will contain the final notice date and customers should pay attention to this date as it will be the last day the mailman will attempt to deliver the package
- If the customer fails to collect the package by the final notice date the mailpieces or extra service mail items will be returned to the sender
- Certain packages/mailing will be held for an extra 15 days by the USPS depending on the service and situation
Unless otherwise noted, the return date is in calendar days, not Postal business days. If the return date falls on a non-Postal Business day, the item will be returned on the following Postal Business day.